Cultural Tourism Project
TeSP - Produção de Atividades para o Turismo Cultural
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
Upon successful completion of this curricular unit the student should be able to:
- Master the concepts of culture, tourism, cultural tourism, authenticity, identity and heritage;
- To know the research methods in Cultural Tourism;
- Understand the role of Governance in Cultural Tourism.
1. Developing concepts: tourism, culture and cultural tourism;
2. Research methods in Cultural Tourism;
3. Heritage, identity, authenticity and tourism;
4. Museums and cultural tourism;
5. Governance of cultural tourism: policies and networks of actors;
6. Cultural tourism in Portugal;
7. Case Study: Tourism in Manor Houses.
1º - Continuous assessment test - 40% (minimum grade 7.5 values);
2nd - Project 1 (group): Organization of a guided tour - 40%;
3º - Project 2 (individual): Worksheets to be elaborated in each class - 20%.
- Pulido Fernández, J. e Calle Vaquero, M. e Velasco González, M. (2013). Turismo Cultural. Madrid: Editorial Sintesis
- Pereiro Pérez, X. (2009). Turismo Cultural. Uma visão antropológica. [pdf]. El Sauzal, Tenerife: Revista Pasos
- Richards, G. e Munsters, W. (2010). Cultural Tourism Research Methods.. Wallingford, Oxfordshire: CAB International
- Richards, G. (1996). Cultural Tourism in Europe. [pdf]. Wallingford, Oxfordshire: CAB International
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes in which the reading and discussion of texts and practical cases is privileged
Individual and group work presented and discussed in the classroom.
Use of the expository, interrogative and demonstrative method.
Software used in class