Organization of Turistic-Cultural Events
TeSP - Produção de Atividades para o Turismo Cultural
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- José Luís Sousa Soares de Oliveira Braga
At the end of the curricular unit in question, students should be able to:
- To know the basic concepts and typologies of events;
- Understand the relationship between events and tourism.
- Plan, organize and evaluate small events;
1. Conceptualization, characterization and typologies of events. The industry of events;
2. The relationship between events and tourism activity;
3. Motivation, experience and satisfaction in tourism and events;
4. Event planning;
5. Organization of events;
6. Events, communication and public relations;
7. Team management, financing, marketing and event evaluation.
- 1st Continuous assessment test - 40% of the final grade (the student must have a grade higher than 7.5 points);
- 2nd Project 1 (group): Organization of an event - 40%;
- 3º Project 2 (individual): Worksheets to be elaborated in each class.
- Isidoro, A. e Simões, M. e Saldanha, S. e Caetano, J. (2014). Manual de Organização e Gestão de Eventos. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Vieira, J. (2015). Eventos e Turismo ? Planeamento e Organização ? Da teoria à prática.. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Marujo, N. (2015). Turismo, Turistas e Eventos: da Teoria à Prática.. Castelo Branco: RVJ ? Editores, Lda
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes in which the reading and discussion of texts and practical cases is privileged
Individual and group work presented and discussed in the classroom.
Use of the expository, interrogative and demonstrative method.
Software used in class