Segurança em Turismo Cultural
TeSP - Produção de Atividades para o Turismo Cultural
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
Students at the end of this course should be able to:
1. Understand the importance of security to the quality of tourism;
2. Know the key issues and best practices with regard to tourism security.
1. Historical evolution of the conditions of travel and tourism;
2. Tourism in post-industrial societies. Tourism and postmodernity;
3. Introduction to tourism security;
4. The relationship between tourism and economic security;
5. Security in tourist facilities;
6. Tourist crisis: causes and consequences;
7. Tourism and terrorism.
Group project work (30%). continuous assessment test (70%).
- , . e Tarlow, P. e Soares, C. e Amorim, E. (2015). Segurança: um desafio para os setores de lazer, viagens e turismo (e-book). Tomar: Instituto Politécnico de Tomar/Escola Superior de Gestão de Tomar
- Tarlow, P. (2014). Tourism Security Strategies for effectively travel risky and safety. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann
Method of interaction
a) Theoretical exposition; b) Lectures. (The practical classes will be dedicated to the analysis of scientific papers on the subject in question).
Software used in class