Seminar: Creativity and Innovation
Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour
3 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 S + 15,0 OT
Students should be able to:
- Define organizational creativity, innovation, learning and change.
- Describe the process of creativity.
- Describe the process of organizational innovation.
- Describe the organizational learning process.
- Describe the process of organizational change.
- Identify the importance and competitive advantage of creativity and innovation.
- Identify tools that promote creativity.
At the end of the course students should know how to use and foster creativity and encourage innovation in the organization.
1. Individual and organizational creativity:
2. Organizational innovation:
3. Organizational learning:
4. Organizational change:
- Barriers and management strategies.
Periodic assessment: Two group work: interview (30%) and presentation of a prototype of a product, service or case study (70%).
Exam Assessment: written test in pre-defined periods.
- Clegg, B. (2016). Instant Creativity. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-183). London: Kogan Page
- Bridges, C. (2016). In Your Creative Element. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-257). London: Kogan Page
- Marina, E. e José António, M. (2013). El Aprendizaje de La Creatividad. Espanha: Ariel
- De Bono, E. (2012). Creatividad - 62 ejercicios para desarrollar la mente. Espanha: Paidós
Method of interaction
Software used in class
Students can use any and all software to perform their work.