Gestão de Recursos Humanos e Comportamento Organizacional
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 15,0 OT
- Sílvio Manuel da Rocha Brito
At the end of the term the students should:
- Understand the importance of OD
- Understand the OD process and its players
- Be familiar with the different techniques and tools of organisational
- Be familiar with the different levels of intervention
1 - The concept of Organizational Development
- efficacy cand efficiency concepts.
- change concept.
- objetives, interests, emotions.
2 - History of the Organizational Development (OD).
- leadership and team building studies.
- investigation action.
- participative management.
- work culture.
- systems theory.º
- learning and organizatinal efficacy.
3 - Main Values and Ethical Issues concerning OD
- beliefs and challenges.
4 - Foundations of OD.
- individual perspective.
- organization as a system.
- Organization as a social construction.
5 - The OD Process and main players
a) Entry and Contract.
b) Data gathering.
c) Diagnosis and Feedback.
6 - Introduction to Intervention
7 - Intervention Levels (individual, group/team, organizational)
Case Studies (40%)
Final examination (100%)
A minimum average mark of 10/20 exempts students from examination.
- Hodges, J. (2016). Managing and Leading People Through Organizational Change. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-377). London: Kogan Page
- Cameron, E. (2016). Making Sense of Change Management. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-450). London: Kogan Page
- Brannick, T. e Coghlan, D. (2010). Doing action research in your own organization. London: Sage
- Anderson, D. (2014). Organization Development. California: Sage
Method of interaction
Lectures focused on case analysis and discussion.
Software used in class