Matemática para as Ciências Sociais I
Gestão de Recursos Humanos e Comportamento Organizacional
ECTS; º Ano, , 0,0 T + 0,0 PL + 0,0 TP + 0,0 P + 0,0 TC + 0,0 S + 0,0 E + 0,0 OT + 0,0 O
Basics of algebraic calculus.
At the end of this course the students should be able to interpret and formulate problems in Mathematical Analysis and Financial Mathematics and have obtained the mathematical skills that will allow them to extrapolate mathematical problems to economic and social realities.
1. Revision of Algebraic Calculus 2.Functions of a real variable 3. Differential calculus and its applications 4. Numerical succession and applications to Financial Mathematics.
The same methodology is used both for continuous and exam assessment: 1 sumative closed-book test marked 0-20.
- Armstrong, B. e Davis, D. (2003). College Mathematics: solving problems in finite mathematics and calculus. NY: Pearson Education
- Baptista, O. (2006). Cálculo Diferencial em IR. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Ziegler, M. e Barnett, R. e Byleen, K. (2011). Calculus for Mathematics for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. USA: Pearson Education
- Edwards, B. e Hostetler, R. e Larson, R. (2006). Cálculo. (Vol. 1). Brasil: McGraw Hill
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials.
Software used in class