5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 75,0 TP
- Gonçalo Nuno Rodrigues Brás
Basic concepts of management.
The aim of the course is to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit of the students, providing them with a generic view on the phenomenon of entrepreneurship and its determinants, providing them with the main concepts, models and tools for creating and managing new businesses (start-ups).
I - INTRODUCTION TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
1. Entrepreneurship; general concepts
2. Entrepreneurship in Portugal and in the world.
II - THE ENTREPRENEUR
III - THE PROCESS OF INNOVATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF OPPORTUNITIES.
IV - THE BUSINESS PLAN.
- 1 Written Test (20%)
- Group Project (75%)
- Participation assessment (5%).
Examination for students who fail ongoing assessment.
- Santos, J. e Ferreira, M. (2008). Ser Empreendedor ? Pensar Criar e Moldar a Nova Empresa. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Osterwalder, A. e , Y. (2011). Criar Modelos de Negócios. Lisboa: Dom Quixote
- Bernarda, G. e Pigneur, Y. e Osterwalder, A. e Smith, A. (2015). Criar Propostas de Valor. Lisboa: D. Quixote
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes in which theory is presented and discussed with the support of case studies. Students are supposed to develop their own Business Plans in class.
Software used in class