4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- José Miguel Ferreira Graça
Provide the students with basic knowledge on derivative markets and products, so they can select the best investment decision, evaluating these products and analyzing the risks and factors that influence its value.
1 - DERIVATIVE MARKET INSTRUMENTS 2 - FORWARD OR LONG-TERM CONTRACTS.3 - "FUTURES" CONTRACTS AND MARKETS.4 - OPTIONS.5 - STRATEGIES WITH OPTIONS IN INVESTMENT DECISIONS AND SPECULATION. 6 - SWAPS.
Individual written works (30%) and individual written test (70%). Exam for those students who didn't reach the minimum mark of 10/20
- Myers, S. e Brealey, R. (2011). Principles of Corporate Finance. : McGraw-Hill
- Marcus, . e Kane, . e Bodie, . (2008). Investments. : McGraw-Hill
- Haugen, R. (2000). Modern Investment Theory. : Prentice Hall
- Pires, C. (2011). Mercados e Investimentos Financeiros. : Escolar Editora
Method of interaction
Theorical and pratical classes
Software used in class