Projecto de Investimentos
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Eduardo Fontão MontAlverne Brou
Basics of Financial Calculus, Corporate Finance and English (advisory)
Study of the most important concepts on Investment Analysis. Special attention will be given to investment decision rules and to uncertainty and risk in the capital budgeting process. One wants that the students master the main concepts, models and tools on investment analysis.
I - Introduction to Corporate Finance;
II - Tools of Corporate Finance;
III - The basics of risk and cost of capital estimation;
IV Investment analysis;
V - Investment decision rules;
VI - Uncertainty and risk in capital budgeting;
VII - Investment returns and Corporate Strategy.
- 2 Written Tests
- Quality of Participation in classes.
- Barros, C. (2007). Avaliação Financeira de Projetos de Investimento. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Damodaran, A. (2015). Applied Corporate Finance. U.S.A.: Wiley
- Damodaran, A. (2001). Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice. U.S.A.: John Wiley & Sons
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical sessions in which are taught the planned syllabus, using support materials, power point presentations and practical exercises.
Software used in class