Equipment Design and Development
Mestrado em Engenharia Mecânica - Projecto e Produção Mecânica
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
- Bruno Miguel Santana Chaparro
Students are expected to acquire equipment design and development skills. The course focuses on key technologies and theoretical and practical aspects so as to enable students to design mechanical equipment.
1. Design and development of equipment
2. Sensors and transducers
3. Signal processing
4. Digital signals
7. Behaviour simulation
9. Programming automation systems
10. Aplication examples
Assessment includes practical coursework according to the assessment criteria set out in relevant regulations.
- PIRES, N. (2012). AUTOMAÇÃO INDUSTRIAL. : ETEP
- BOLTON, W. (2008). MECHATRONICS: A MULTIDISCIPLINARY APPROACH. : Prentice Hall
- CARRYER, J. e OHLINE, M. e KENNY, T. (2010). INTRODUCTION TO MECHATRONIC DESIGN. : Prentice Hall
Method of interaction
Each topic will be addressed in its theoretical and practical aspects. Problem solving will be used to reinforce the concepts.
Software used in class