Mestrado em Engenharia Mecânica - Projecto e Produção Mecânica, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 14908/2014
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Isabel Maria Duarte Pinheiro Nogueira
On completion of this unit students should understand the key concepts on Tribology including surface topography, wear, solid-solid interaction, lubrication, lubricants and lubrication regimes.
They should also understand the various types of surfaces and their characteristics.
1. INTRODUCTION TO SURFACE ENGINEERING
2. SOLID SURFACES
3. CONTACT MECHANICS
7. SURFACE TREATMENTS
Assessment will include:
Mid-term tests, final exam and re-sits: written test/exam (50%) and coursework (50%).
Both components are compulsory.
- Silva, F. (1995). TRIBOLOGIA. : Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Davim, J. (2011). TRIBOLOGY FOR ENGINEERS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE. : Woodhead Publishing
- Neale, M. (1993). A TRIBOLOGY HANDBOOK. : SAE/Butterworth
- Shigley, J. (2004). MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DESIGN. :
- Holmberg , . e Matthews, . (2009). Coatings Tribology: Properties, Mechanisms, Techniques and Applications in Surface Engineering. New York: Elsevier Science
Method of interaction
Subject content will be taught through lectures. Topics will be presented with practical and simple examples and exercises in order that students consolidate the concepts.
Software used in class