Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 9182/2020 - 25/09/2020
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 PL + 2,0 O , Cód. 964444.
- António Martiniano Ventura
Understand photography as a complex process with areas of interest.
Understand how these zones of interest are related, contributing to the final result.
Understand the factors that, in the photographic process, contribute to determine the quality of the final result: the photograph...
Understanding how photography can reproduce a certain reality, depending on the options taken in the process of executing that photograph.
Understand the role of photography in the process of visual communication.
1 - Photography as a process, and its areas of interest: the Object, the Camera and the Record;
2 - Light and the Object: basic lighting techniques in photography;
3 - Image formation: framing, exposure control, focus and sharpness;
4 - Image formation: point of view and focal length;
5 - The photographic record as a technique for the manufacture, reproduction and dissemination of images;
6- Artisanal images and technical images. some fundamental questions.
7 - Photography as a communication process;
8 - Photography and narrative;
Considering that the characteristics of this discipline demand an active participation of the student, it will be appropriate that the evaluation of the learning be done in a continuous way.
Thus, for each of the proposed Experimental Projects, developed in class, a technical report will be requested. The final grade for the semester will be the result of the arithmetic average obtained in the set of these reports. Students with a final grade equal to or greater than 9.5 will be exempt from the Exam. The Exam tests should include a written test (60%) and the presentation of individual reports regarding the follow-up of the Experimental Projects developed in practical classes (40%). The minimum passing grade will be 9.5 points, on a scale of 0 to 20.
- Hurburt, A. (1985). Diseño fotográfico: interacción del diseño con la fotografía. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-127). Barcelona1: Gustavo Gili
- Ventura, A. (0). Leitura e Análise da Imagem - para uma didáctica da imagem. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/ht107wokuiub367/Leitura_Imagem.pdf?dl=0
- Silveira Ramos, M. e Soudo, J. (0). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pn3hyqdqfznpsq/1_Manual_Tec_Foto.pdf?dl=0
- Melo, C. (0). Manual de Fotografia Digital. Acedido em 16 de fevereiro de 2023 em https://www.dropbox.com/s/i20blwv8izyd1el/5_Manual_Foto_Digital.pdf?dl=0
A set of experimental projects that, properly sequenced and related, will allow learning by doing, producing reflection on three basic questions: what photography is, what it is for and how it is done.
Software used in class
Image editing software