Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8644/2020 - 08/09/2020
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 28,0 PL + 28,0 TP , Cód. 911922.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
1. Identify and correlate the support mechanisms for unicast and multicast communications.
2. Identify the routing requirements for inter-AS and intra-AS routing protocols.
3. Implement routing solutions for inter-AS and intra-AS environments.
4. Identify the lower layers services for broadcast and multiaccess networks.
5. Identify the main requirements and most suitable topologies for local data networks.
6. Correlate the ethernet family protocols.
7. Implement solutions to support local area network infrastructures.
1. Unicast and multicast routing.
2. Intra and Inter AS routing.
3. Data link layer (error detection and correction, medium access control)
4. LAN requirements
5. The ethernet protocol family.
6. Physical link layer for LAN.
The assessment is made up of two components:
. Theoretical component with a weight of 60% of the final mark and a minimum score of 8/20.
. Practical component with a weight of 40% of the final mark and a minimum mark of 10.
The assessment of the theoretical component is composed by the mark of an individual closed-book test.
The practical component is the average grade of the practical work performed during the laboratory classes. The practical work can be done individually or in groups of two students.
These rules apply to all assessment periods.
- Forouzan, B. (2007). Data Communications & Networking. .: McGraw-Hill
- Kurose, J. e Ross, K. (2021). Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach. New York: Bookman Pearson
- Perlman, R. (1999). Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols. .: Addison Wesley
Theoretical-practical classes, based on real problems. Practical laboratory classes for the development of small projects.
Software used in class