Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 1469/2007
5.5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 4,50 OT , Cód. 912361.
- Teresa Leonor Ribeiro C. M. Morgado
A pass in previous modules: Mechanics and Waves; Applied Mechanics; Mechanics of Materials
The students should:
- learn the basic concepts of static project and fatigue
- be able to select fastening and joining components
- be able to design shafts and shaft joints
- learn basic concepts of lubrication
Fatigue project; shafts and shaft joints; welded joints; fastening bolts and devices; springs; lubrication and wear.
Written tests and a practical assignment.
Written part includes tests and/or exams.
In the written test a minimum of 7.5 points is required to pass.
- Mischke, C. e Shigley, J. (2001). Mechanical Engineering Design. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-1248). EUA: McGraw-Hill
Presentation of key theoretical concepts. Theoretical/practical classes including case study discussions.
Software used in class