Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 8644/2020 - 08/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 56,0 TP
- Luís Miguel Merca Fernandes
- Carlos Filipe Perquilhas Baptista
To provide insight on the main concepts on Logics, Set Theory, Graphs and Numerical Methods, topics that are fundamental on areas such as Networks, System Analysis and Formal Verification.
1 ? Foundations of Logic and Set Theory
2 ? Graphs and digraphs.Application to Trees and Minimum Cost Path problems.
3 ? Nonlinear equations and Systems of Nonlinear Equations
4 ? Polynomial Interpolation
5 ? Numerical Integration
6 ? Numerical Methods for Ordinary First-Order Differential Equations
Continuous assessment: two closed-book tests marked from 0 to 10. A minimum mark of 3 in each test and an overall mark of 10 exempts students from exam.
Exam-based assessment: an exam (worth 0-20) or resit covering all the material taught (a theoretical and a practical part). Minimum pass mark: 3 in each component and the sum of the 3 must be 10.
- Burden, R. e Faires, J. (1993). Numerical Analysis. (Vol. 1). New York: PWS Publishing Company
- Rosen, K. (1995). Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications. (Vol. 1). Brasil: Mc Graw-Hill
- Pina, H. (1995). Métodos Numéricos. .: McGraw-Hill
- Balakrishnan, V. (2010). Introductory Discrete Mathematics. New York: Dover Publications Inc
Software used in class