Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
7 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP , Cód. 92997.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
- Describe the process of detecting and analyzing business opportunities;
- Define criteria for assessing the potential of a new business and the resources needed to develop and implement it;
- Prepare the necessary financial analysis tools.
1. Entrepreneurship concepts
2. Entrepreneurial Process
3. Methodologies for the choice of the project
4. Developing a business plan
5. Project financing
6. Creating your company
7. Success/business failure
The module is based on theoretical-practical sessions focused on the discussion of core subject matters, case study analysis as presentation and discussion of students projects.
- Ries, E. (2011). The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses. New York: Crown Books.
- Ferreira, M. e Santos, J. e Serra, F. (2008). Ser Empreendedor ? Pensar Criar e Moldar a Nova Empresa. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Snell, S. e Bateman, T. (2007). Management - Hill Leading & Collaborating in a Competitive World. Columbus: McGraw-Hill International Edition
Students must submit an Opportunity Plan including a diagnosis of the technological and market viability of the business idea and the resources needed to put it into practice - Business Plan.
Software used in class