Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP , Cód. 92993.
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Describe the phases of the diagnostic process and the possible participation levels of the client.
Describe the role of the consultant in the diagnostic process.
Identify and apply the most used diagnostic methods and techniques in an organizational context.
Outline intervention strategies.
Identify the resistance factors to change.
Identify resistance management strategies.
Identify the impacts of the intervention on the organization.
I The context of social and organizational diagnosis.
1. Nature and values of consulting in diagnosis of change and development.
2. Roles and responsibilities in consulting.
3. Levels and diagnostic models.
II The context of intervention in organizations.
1. Preparation and hiring.
2. The process of diagnosis: objectives, design, implementation, collection and analysis of information needs and preparation for change.
3. Design and interventional practice: Objectives, plan, and intervention devices: methods, techniques and resources. Levels of individual, group, organizational, institutional intervention.
4. Specific techniques for each level of intervention and integrative techniques. Evaluation of the intervention. Ethical principles in social and organizational diagnosis and intervention
5. Transition in the organization.
III Impact of the intervention on employees.
1. Restructuring at work.
2. Strategic role of employees.
3. Retention of employees.
4. Employee skills for organizational change.
5. Implications for employees.
1. A study of a real case aiming to enable a diagnosis to a real organization
2.A written test
Final assessment: Written examinations (see calendar).
- Cameron, E. (2016). Making Sense of Change Management. London, England: Kogan Page
- Hodges, J. (2016). Managing and Leading People through Organizational Change. London, England: Kogan Page
- Hodges, J. (2017). Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change. London, England: Kogan Page
- Stokes, P. e Moore, N. (2016). Organizational Management. London, England: Kogan Page
Participative sessions based on traditional teaching methods and case study analysis/discussion.
Software used in class