Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP , Cód. 92991.
- Margarida Sofia de Freitas Oliveira (1)(2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Explain the role of the manager as a HR manager;
Explain the strategic importance of people as a competitive advantage;
Identify the applications of individual behaviour management and workteams in organizations;
Identify and characterize psychosocial processes.
I - Organizations
1.1. Nature, Scope and Objectives of CO
1.2. Theories of organizations
1.3. Organizational Structures
1.4. Organizational culture
II - Individuals in Organizations
2.1. Characteristics and Individual Skills: cognitive processes, emotional processes and behaviors
2.3. Attitudes at work
2.4. Stress and wellness at work
III - Groups in Organizations
3.1. Types and characteristics of groups
3.2. Teams of work and teamwork
3.3. Social exchanges
3.5. Interpersonal relationships and conflicts
Continuous assessment includes a group assignment consisting of the preparation of a research paper in class throughout the semester (100%).
A mark of 10/20 exempts students from exam.
Exam-based assessment: written test in dates set in the calendar
- Arnold, J. e Randall, R. (2010). Work Psychology: Understanding human behaviour in the workplace. London: Prentice Hall
- Carvalho Ferreira, J. e Neves, J. e Caetano, A. (2011). Manual de Psicossociologia das Organizações. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
- Gonçalves, S. (2014). Psicossociologia do Trabalho e das Organizações: Princípios e Práticas. Lisboa: Lidel
- Pina e Cunha, M. e , . (2016). Manual de Comportamento Organizacional e Gestão. Lisboa: Editora RH
Traditional face-to-face lectures. The theoretical-practical component involves case study analysis and practical exercises.
Software used in class