Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP
- Luis Miguel Lindinho da Cunha Mendes Grilo
Provide students with knowledge about bi and multivariate data analysis, specifically in terms of inferential models and experimental planning.
1. Advanced Research Methods
1.1. Development of research topics and bases of the research process
1.2. Methodological advantages and difficulties associated with the choice of specific types of study and methodological approach
1.3. Preparation of a research project
1.4. Publishing process: preparation, submission and revision of papers and scientific research studies
1.5. Public presentation of a scientific research project
2. Advanced Methods of Data Analysis
2.1. Parametric and non-parametric inferential analyses
2.2. Simple linear regression and multiple regression models
2.3. Structural Equation model
2.4. Models of Moderation and Mediation
2.5. Reporting results and SPSS applications
Continuous assessment: proof of knowledge assessment (60%, with a minimum of 6 values on a scale of 0 to 20 values) and a work - conception of a research project (40%).
Examination regime: proof of knowledge assessment (100%).
- Bryman, A. e Buchanan, D. (2011). The SAGE: handbook or organizational research methods. London, England: SAGE
- Bryman, A. e Bell, E. (2011). Business research methods. New York: Oxford University Press
- Marôco, J. (2011). Análise de Equações Estruturais: Fundamentos teóricos, Software e Aplicações. Lisboa: ReportNumber
- Barañano, A. (2008). Métodos e Técnicas de Investigação em Gestão: Manual de Apoio à Realização de Trabalhos de Investigação. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
The expository method of the theoretical contents is emphasized, always seeking to stimulate the reflection and the debate, supported in literature and recent and pertinent evidence that serves as an illustration to the main models and methods.
Software used in class
The IBM SPSS package and, on time, the Excel spreadsheet.