Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
7 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 20,0 T + 20,0 TP
- Gonçalo Nuno Rodrigues Brás
Identify and analyze, in context, an organization's strategy, the processes by which it is formulated, planned and / or formed and stakeholder roles, and interpret their implications.
I - STRATEGY: CONCEPT AND PROCESS
1. Valid Settings.
2. Decision, Strategic Choices and Process.
3. The strategic intent.
II - ANALYSIS AND FORMULATION OF THE STRATEGY
1. SWOT Analysis.
2. Competitive analysis; School of Positioning.
3. Generic strategies.
4. Strategic Groups.
5. The value chain.
6. The Resource Based Strategy.
7. Nuclear Powers.
III - FORMATION OF THE STRATEGY
1. Formal Strategic Planning.
2. Interaction between Formulation and Execution.
3. "Shape" the Strategy.
IV - STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXTS
1. Entrepreneurial strategy and context (START-UP).
2. Strategy and mature context.
3. Diversified strategy and context.
4. Innovative strategy and context.
5. Strategy and international context: Internationalization and Management of Multinational Enterprises.
Continuous assessment: - Written test. - Critical Reading Exhibition (Group Work) and its discussion in class - Applied Business Case Analysis - Quality of Participation in class.
- Ghoshal, S. e Quinn, J. e Mintzberg, H. e Lampel, J. (2014). The Strategy Process; Concepts,contexts, cases. UK: Pearson Education
- Shafritz, J. e Ott, J. e Jang, Y. (2010). Classics of Organization Theory. USA: Wadsworth
- Santos, A. (2008). Gestão Estratégica ? Conceitos, modelos e ferramentas. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Theoretical exhibition with the support of the board and audiovisual media. Analysis and discussion of business cases applied (group work). Critical exposition of readings and their discussion in the room.
Software used in class