Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho n.º 6419/2017, de 24-07-2017
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP
- Sónia Marisa Pedroso Gonçalves Bogas
Explain the role of the manager as a people manager;
Explain the strategic importance of people as a competitive advantage;
Identify and describe organizational structures;
Identify and describe the organizational culture;
Identify the variables involved in human behavior;
Identify the applications of individual behavior management and work teams in organizations;
To identify and characterize psychosocial processes in organizational contexts: team management, leadership, stress management and social exchanges.
I - Organizations
1.1. Nature, Scope and Objectives of CO
1.2. Theories of organizations
1.3. Organizational Structures
1.4. Organizational culture
II - Individuals in Organizations
2.1. Characteristics and Individual Skills: cognitive processes, emotional processes and behaviors
2.3. Attitudes at work
2.4. Stress and wellness at work
III - Groups in Organizations
3.1. Types and characteristics of groups
3.2. Teams of work and teamwork
3.3. Social exchanges
3.5. Interpersonal relationships and conflicts
Continuous assessment will consist of a written test (50%) and an individual work with presentation in class (50%).
Final Evaluation: Written examinations (see calendar).
- , . e Pina e Cunha, M. (2016). Manual de Comportamento Organizacional e Gestão. Lisboa: Editora RH
- Gonçalves, S. (2014). Psicossociologia do Trabalho e das Organizações: Princípios e Práticas. Lisboa: Lidel
- Arnold, J. e Randall, R. (2010). Work Psychology: Understanding human behaviour in the workplace. London: Prentice Hall
- Carvalho Ferreira, J. e Neves, J. e Caetano, A. (2011). Manual de Psicossociologia das Organizações. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
The theoretical contents will be approached with resources to expository methods. The practical component will involve the analysis of case studies and exercises.
Software used in class