Publication in the Diário da República: Despacho nº 1469/2007
4.5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,50 OT , Cód. 912314.
- Carlos Alexandre Campos Pais Coelho (2)
(1) Docente Responsável
(2) Docente que lecciona
Although it is not mandatory, a previous pass in the module Materials Science and Engineering would be useful
The students should:
.know the concepts of elasticity and plasticity
. know the key material deformation mechanisms
. understand the different types of material behaviour when subject to mechanical load and kow how to use them
. be familiarised with mechanical tests
Elasticity - tension and deformation analysis
Plasticity and forms of damage
Traction test and relevant standards
Evaluation of the hardness of materials
Bending and twisting test
Creep, relaxation and recovery
Assessment includes written tests and individual coursework in class.
Coursework is compulsory and a minimum of 10 grade points is required.
Written assessment includes tests and/or exams
- Baptista, J. (2000). Sebenta Tecnologia Mecânica I Ensaios e Processos. .: .
- Coelho, C. Apontamentos do docente. .: .
- Morris, D. (1999). Mechanics of Materials. USA: John Wiley & Sons
- Smith, W. (1996). Principio de Ciência e Engenharia dos Materiais. .: MC Graw Hill
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions.
Software used in class