Eventos e Animação Turística
Gestão Turística e Cultural
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- José Luís Sousa Soares de Oliveira Braga
Students are expected to be able to:
- Organise, plan and manage any sort of event.
- Plan and manage tourist animation programmes as a function of tourist destinations and businesses.
- Design products based on events carried out as part of tourist and cultural packages.
0 - Course overview
1. Event management and organisation
1.1. Event tourism: significance, objectives and types
2. Tourist entertainment: concepts, evolution and types
3. Planning and management of tourist entertainment programmes
4. Tourist events and entertainment projects: stages and phases
5. Delivery and execution of a tourist event
The valuation method involves:
a) practical work done by students (individual), involving the realization of an event;
b) written test.
- ALLEN, J. (2008). Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide to Successful Meetings. Canada: Event planning
- GETZ, D. (2008). Event tourism: Definition, evolution, and research.. (Vol. 29). (pp. 403-428). Sweden: Elsevier
- GOLDBALTT, J. (1997). Special events: Best practices in modern event management. (Vol. 1). New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold
Method of interaction
Two types of sessions:
a) Lectures comprising explanatory presentations (critical analysis and student participation;
b) Theoretical-practical classes (case studies and brainstorming).
Software used in class