Tour Operators and Travel Agencies
Tourism and Culture Management
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 45,0 TP
- Éricka Maria Costa de Amorim
Students will acquire skills and competencies that will enable them to understand the structure of tourist distribution and the concepts and terminology used by tourist agents, design and sell tourist packages and gain basic distribution skills.
Concept of travel agency and tourist operator; The role intermdiaries in the tourism system:travel agencies and tourist operators; legal framework for travel agencies; organisational structure of travel agencies and tourist operators; future prospects for tourist agencies and tourist operators; marketing activities; design and sale of tourist packages.
Written test - 10 points out of 20 (50%) (the student must score at least 4 points);
Practical work - 5 points out of 20 (25%) (theoretical classes);
Practical work - 5 points out of 20 (25%) (Theoretical-practical classes)
- Beni, M. (2001). Análise Estrutural do Turismo. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). São Paulo: Senac
- Leiper, N. (1990). Tourism Systems. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). New Zeland: Massey University
- Abranja, N. e Alcântara, A. e Marques, A. e Braga, C. (2012). Gestão de Agências de Viagens e Turismo. Lisboa: Lidel
- Braga, D. (2008). Agências de Viagens e Turismo: Práticas de Mercado. Rio de Janeiro: Editora Campus
Method of interaction
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes providing students with the terminology used in the sector as well as critical skills.
Software used in class