Cultural Anthropology and Tourism
Tourism and Culture Management
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Eunice Ferreira Ramos Lopes
Students should have technical and analytical skills to:
- Use the tools required to understand cultures (material and immaterial culture) and its interactions with tourism;
- Enhance local tourist narratives converting them into a tourism product.
1. Concepts: antrhopology, cultural anthropology and tourism anthropology;
2. Anthropological perspectives within the sociocultural dimension of tourism;
3. Anthropological interpretation from the perspective of integrating content into tourism consumption;
3.1. Tourist motivations, practices and experiences. Case presentation;
4.Anthropolical tourism essay.
b) critical reviews
c) reports of technical trips
d) written test
- BURNS, P. (1999). An Introduction to Tourism and Anthropology. (pp. 1-23). London: Routledge
- NASH, D. (1996). The Anthropology of Tourism. Oxford: Pergamon
- URRY, J. (2001). The tourist gaze. Leisure and travel in contemporary societies. London: Sage
- ROMÃO, J. (2013). Turismo e Lugar - Diferenciação territorial, competitividade e sustentabilidade em turismo. Lisboa: Escolar Editora
Method of interaction
b) Practical classes including exercise-solving and critical reviews
c) Technical trips related with socio-cultural tourism.
Software used in class