Healthcare Management I
Health Care Services Management
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- José Manuel Barros Pinheiro Nogueira
The aim of this course is to promote learning through practical experience, provide the students with skills that will enable them to use the theoretical tools to prepare and evaluate a business project.
1. Concepts of management and healthcare management
2. Management in times of crisis
3. An approach to management reality through audit: a case study
4. Hospital management models
5. Primary care management models
6. ACES and ULS: integration versus autonmy
7. Private healthcare management
8. The Balanced Scorecard as a supporting tool for healthcare management
Preparation of a written essay including presentation and peer questioning worth.
- Campos, L. (2009). Governação dos Hospitais. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Casa Das Letras
- Pita Barros, P. (2013). Economia da Saude. Lisboa: Almedina
Method of interaction
Case study analysis.
Software used in class