Contemporary Photography Thinking 2
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 S + 5,0 OT
- Nuno Miguel de Sousa Vieira
The students should have an understanding of how photography evolved across time and its impact on contemporary thought, culture and art.
They should gain critical and analysis skills in order to view photography as a photographic corpus.
Photography and cinema. Video art. Fiction and reality, the photographic construction. Analogies and appropriations in contemporary photography. Photography and the Installation.The context and its value and symbolic reading.
Assessment is based on practical assignments and its oral presentation done individually or as part of a group.
- BARTHES, . (2003). A camara clara.. Lisboa: Vega
- DOHERTY, C. (2009). Situation. Massachusetts:: Whitechapel Gallery - The MIT Press
- Danto, A. (2006). Apos o fim da arte, a arte contemporanea e os limites da historia. Sao Paulo: EDUSP
- Ardenne, P. (2006). Un arte contextual ? Creación artística en médio urbano, en situación, de intervención, de participación. Murcia: cendeac
Method of interaction
This module is delivered in the form of seminar. Students will have the opportunity to attend a series of conferences on contemporary photography related themes.
Software used in class