Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Rui Manuel Domingos Gonçalves
Analysis, Calculus and Elementary Trigonometry.
Students are expected to familarize themselves with the fundamental laws of dynamics and be able to think rationally, applying it to concrete physical situations, obtaining , analyzing and understanding the various results and their validity limits.
1-Dimensions and Physical Units. Experimental measures.
2-The various branches of physics and its applications.
Students are evaluated by their performance in class and written tests at the end of the semester.
- Gonçalves, R. (2015). Sebenta de Física I. ESTT-IPT: UDMF-ESTT-IPT
- Costa, M. e Almeida, M. (2004). Fundamentos de Física. Coimbra: Almedina
- Alonso & Finn, .. (1972). Física um curso universitário. (Vol. I e II). .: Addison Wesley
- Hewitt, P. (2002). Física Conceitual. .: Bookman
Method of interaction
Students are encouraged to regularly study the course material, to weekly perform the exercises/practical problems and to participate in class.
Software used in class