Code of Ethics and Good Practices in Public Administration
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 15,0 OT
The students should be able to
- understand the origins of the EU
- articulate the EU policies from its beginnings until the present day
- prepare and submit a QREN application
General ethics. The composition of Ethics. Rights and duties and professional ethics. The SIADAP and the public administration reform.
Ongoing assessment includes 1 test, research coursework and 6 practical exercises.
A minimum of 10 (out of a 0/20 scale) is required to pass the exam.
- Almond, G. (2006). European Politics Today. Nova Iorque: Longman
- Bomberg, J. (2008). The European Union: How Does It Work?. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Cunha, P. (2004). A Constituição Europeia: Um Olhar Crítico sobre o Projecto. Coimbra: Coimbra
- Da União Europeia, C. (2010). Projecto Europa 2030. União Europeia: União Europeia
Method of interaction
Lectures and case study, oral presentation of students' individual assignments.
Software used in class