Mathematics and Computation
Mestrado em Tecnologia Quimica
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Luís Miguel Merca Fernandes
The students should acquire knowledge in the field of Numerical Methods for Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations as well as Unconstrained and Constrained Nonlinear Optimization required for modelling and problem solving in several Chemical Technology domains.
1. Ordinary differential equations
2. Systems of linear equations
3. Partial Differential equations
4. Unconstrained nonlinear programming
5. Constrained nonlinear programming
Continuous assessment including a computational project. Final written exam.
- Canale, R. e Chapra, S. (2006). Numerical Methods For Engineers. NY: McGraw-Hill
- Wright, M. e Murray, W. e Gill, P. (1981). Practical Optimization. Cambridge: Academic Press
- Heath, M. (2001). Scientific Computing: an Introductory Survey. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Zill, D. (1989). A First Course in Differential Equations with Applications. Kent: PWS-Kent Publishing Company
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the proposed subjects. Theoretical-practical lectures in which exercises are proposed and solved.
Software used in class