Documentary Film Studies
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 PL + 15,0 TP + 3,0 OT
a. Definition of a translatable concept for cinematic images;
b. Preparation of rhetoric tools: notice of intent and synopsis;
c. Recording a plan representing a concept or theme;
d. Planning a scene writing the contents of the various plans according to the concept or theme;
e. Recording and editing of a previously planned scene;
f. Recording and editing a sequence composed of three scenes.
- Katz, S. (1991). Film Directing Shot by Shot. Stoneham: Michael Wise Productions
- Nichols, B. (2001). Introduction to Documentary. Bloomington: Indiana University Press
Method of interaction
1. Viewing and analysis of documentary films;
2. Reading, analysis and discussion of texts listed in the bibliography;
3. Presentation and discussion of personal views;
4. Monitoring, discussion and correction of exercises under production.
Software used in class