Tourist Destination Management
Tourism and Culture Management
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
- José Luís Sousa Soares de Oliveira Braga
Students should acquire conceptual and operational skills that will allow them to understand the context of destination management at national/regional/local level as well as analyse tourist development plans and the various destination management models.
1. Tourism and Development
2. Competition and Tourist Destinations
3. Tourist Management Models
4. Tourist Management (Local/Regional/National)
5. Tourist Destination Brand Management
6. Tourist Development Plans (Case studies)
Class performance (10%)
Written test (50%)
Minimum pass grade is 10/20.
- Schaumann, P. (2004). The Guide to Successful Destination Management. (Vol. ---). (pp. --------). ----: Wiley
- UNWTO, -. (2007). A Practical Guide to Destination Management. (Vol. ---). (pp. -------). --: UNWTO
Method of interaction
Lectures and theoretical-practical classes. Lectures involve content presentation and analysis. Thoretical-practical classes include reflection and debate.
Software used in class