Option: Web Programming
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP
High computer skills at user level.
The students should understand the server-client architecture,acquire basic concepts of the implementation of interfaces and of a geospatial server and also the implementation and management of a WebSIG service.
1. Introduction to the concept of WebGIS
2. Introduction to the server-client architecture
3. Concepts of interface and development
4. Development of a geospatial database (PostgreSQL/PostGIS)
5. Connection between a PostGIS serve and a DesktopGIS client
6. Development of a Geoserver solution
7. Connection between a Geoserver service and a PostGIS server.
Final assignment focused on the development of a WebSIG application.
Method of interaction
Software used in class