Regional Policy and Development
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP
On completion of the module the students should be able to acknowledge the importance of space in land planning, know the main regional development paradigms, the key spatial analysis tools as well as the key spatial policy elements.
1. The Space problematics. From object space to subject space and land order.
2. Regional theories and models.
3. Space analysis tools
4. Space planning and policy
Assessment portfolio including monographs, reports, essays, reflections, etc. on taught topics up to 40% of overall mark.
Written test: 60%
- Costa, J. (2002). Compêndio de Economia Regional. Coimbra: APDR
- Lopes, S. (1995). Desenvolvimento Regional. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
Method of interaction
Software used in class