Biogeography and Human Ecology
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
TOn completion of this module the students should have familiarised themselves with ecological terminology; faunal and floral diversity and distribution in Europe and worldwide as well as evolutionary concepts.
- Distribution patterns;
- Introduction to the study of Biomes;
- Island Biogeography;
- Impacts of glaciation in faunal and floral distribution.
60% written test
40% Reports, Essay and presentation.
A minimum average mark of 10/20 will exempt students from taking the final examination.
- Campbell, B. (1983). Ecologia Humana. .: Edições 70
- Salonon, .. e Lacoste, .. (1999). Elements de Biogeographie et Ecologie. .: .
- Tyvy, J. (1998). Biogeography, a study of plants in the ecosphere. .: .
Method of interaction
Lectures, Tutorials and practical classes.
Software used in class