5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP
- Oliva Maria Dourado Martins
At the end of this course, the student should be able to: - Explain the principles of communication - Understand business communication (internal, institutional and commercial) - Know how to make the communication plan - Make communication advice - Business negotiation techniques.
1. Introduction to the communication process
a. Main concepts
2. The communication process
a. Communication Theories
b. Elements of Communication
c. Typologies of Communication
3. Psychosociology of Communication
a. Leadership and Motivation
b. Influence and persuasion
4. Internal communication: publications and event management
5. Institutional communication: brand management and social responsibility
6. Business communication: portfolio management and portfolio
7. Communication and the life cycle of product
8. Communication plan
a. Business Negotiation: Objectives and Techniques
9. Social Communication Advertising
The continuous evaluation of the Unit has three components, and it will be calculated based on the weighted average of the grade obtained from the following elements:
1. Participation and development of activities (portfolio), with a weighting of 20% of continuous assessment.
2. Group work, with oral presentation and discussion (defense). The weighting is 30% of the continuous evaluation.
3. Test. Consists of a written test, which will cover all the material taught with a 50% weighting, a minimum score of eight (8.5) points.
The student must ensure an attendance rate equal to or higher than 70% in order to participate in continuous assessment. The student must be present at all times of assessment. If he/she miss any evaluation moments, he/she is automatically admitted to the exam.
For approval, the weighted score obtained in the evaluation elements must be equal to or higher than 10 (ten) values.
Evaluation in EXAME
Requires a written test (100%). Minimum score of (10) ten values
- Rodrigues, J. e Dionísio, P. e Levy, J. e Lendrevi, J. e , . (2015). Mercator XXI: teoria e prática do marketing. Lisboa, Portugal: Dom Quixote
- Calder, B. e Tybout, A. (2015). Marketing. São Paulo, Brasil: Saraiva
- Kotler, P. e Hermawan, K. e Setiawan, I. (2017). Marketing 4.0 Do tradicional ao digital. Brasil: Editora Sextante
- Rego, A. (2016). Comunicação Pessoal e Organizacional, Teoria e Prática. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources, role-playing and simulation.
Software used in class