Introduction to Marketing
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 4,50 OT
- Carla Dias Marques da Cruz
Students will learn the basic concepts of marketing and corporate communication, be familiar with the key operational aspects of this activity and understand the basic mechanisms that drive consumer behaviour.
Marketing vs Communication.
People as targets.
Integrated management and planning.
Forecasts and results assessment.
Mid-term assessment: written coursework and presentation (required - 40%) and test (60%).
=/> 10 grade points: exemption from final assessment (except if one of the marks is < 7).
Final assessment: written coursework (40%) and written exam (60%)
- STAPLETON, J. (1994). Marketing. Lisboa: Editorial Presença
- Lindon, D. (2011). Mercator XXI. Teoria e Prática do Marketing. Lisboa: Dom Quixote
- VÁRIOS, . (2000). Strategor: estratégia, estrutura, decisão, identidade, política global de empresa.. Lisboa: Dom Quixote - Coleção Gestão & Inovação
- PHILIP, K. (2000). Administração de Marketing. Lisboa: Prentice Hall
Method of interaction
Theoretical classes based on relevant Marketing authors. Practical classes including problem-solving and "Case Studies'" analysis and critical discussions.
Software used in class