Media Studies, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 15198/2014
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 4,50 OT
- Marta Margarida Santos Dionísio
Approval of the curricular unit of the 1st semester - English and the Media
- Be aware of the need to develop a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in communicative situations within the field of Corporate Communication;
- Develop comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy and proficiency.
The Coorporate Communication; Carrers; Jobs; Importation - Exportation; Marketing; Marketing Channels; Competition; Market Search; Ethics; Communication and Marketing Plans.
Continuous Assessment: 1 written test - 60% - minimum 8 marks; practical assignments (written and oral), attendance and interest - 20%; final research assignment (written and oral) - 20%
Exam Assessment: 1 written test - 60% - minimum 8 marks; final research assignment (written and oral) - 20%
- Naunton, J. (2012). Profile 2 - Intermediate Student's Book. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Robinson, N. (2015). Cambridge English for Marketing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Lindsey, M. e Farral, C. (2009). Professional English in Use - Marketing. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Gore, S. (2015). English for Marketing and Advertising. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Evans, V. e Dooley, J. (2016). On Screen - B2. United Kingdom: Express Publishing
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students have the opportunity to practice the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar.
Software used in class