7 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 PL + 45,0 TP + 5,50 OT
- Joana Conceição dos Santos
Approval in previous UC: Business Communication Workshop I and II.
Business Communication Workshop III aims to specialize students in the implementation and strategic definition of Marketing and Communication Planning, crossing the market needs, with the immediate response of the whole and multidisciplinarity of Corporate Communications.
1. Marketing Strategy vs. Marketing Plan (15H)
1.1. The short, medium and long term
1.2. The Marketing Strategy reflecting the corporate strategy of the company
1.3. The company as the main source of information
2. Operationalization of a strategy (20H)
2.1. Is Marketing all the same?
2.2. Meet to plan
2.3. The choice of media
2.4. Rigorous but flexible planning
3. The challenges of the implementation process of Marketing Strategy [NC 27H]
3.1. Coordination and implementation of actions
3.3. Pressures for Innovation
3.4. Meeting deadlines and budgets
3.5. Customer satisfaction
3.6. The importance of defining a strategy to align all stakeholders
4. Monitoring and Controlling a Marketing Strategy (35H)
4.1. Planning and organizing to be more effective
4.2. Evaluation and monitoring of the marketing performance
5. The importance of Personal Marketing (C08H)
Getting to know yourself as a way to give their best.
1. Documents and Corporate Communications and Institutional procedures (35H)
1.1 Press Releases
1.2 Preparation of institutional visits
1.3 Jornalistic Report
2. Contact with professionals (10H)
2.1 Corporate Communications
2.2 The Local Government Communication
JOBS: Group 70% Indv 30%
Evaluation: 80% Jobs 20% Assiduity
Examination and Appeal:
A-Delivery and apr. written two days JOBS before the dates of the exams, and defended orally on days of exams
B-Works equivalent to those produced in half
- Et al, . e Kotler, P. (2009). Marketing Management. (Vol. 1). London: Prentice Hall
- Lindon, D. (2011). Mercator - Teoria e Prática do Marketing. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: D. Quixote
- Chandler, R. (2008). Media Relations: Concepts and Principles for Effective Public Relations. (Vol. 1). London: Outskirts Press
Method of interaction
The students will respond to several briefs, taking into account the principles learned about marketing strategies. Presenting case studies in order to be analyzed and evaluated. Direct contact with professionals.
Software used in class
Creative Suite Adobe.