Media Studies, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 15198/2014
7 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 PL + 45,0 TP + 5,50 OT
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
Approval of Journalistic Genre subject.
- Produce Reports: in a local and regional context, students should search for information, propose topics to be addressed, go to the field to contact the sources and produce the journalistic works of Reportage, presenting a paper version and a digital version.
- Produce Podcasts of Interviews: search for podcasts that are marking this new trend in order to look for a style that can be produced and disseminated, in the field of Interviews, then passing its result to a written format.
- Master the rules of journalistic production, with special emphasis on the current needs for credible information and framed in the objectives of the profession.
- Develop a critical sense in relation to the issues of Journalism: students should be able to analyze current issues involving the professional practice of Journalism, reflecting on concrete situations and framing each case from the perspective of the Media, but also of Society in general.
- Carry out a Media Literacy project: students will mentor students from a secondary school class involved in a project of Academies of Knowledge.
- Production of Developed Report with a view to the production of ESTAJornal and publication on the online
- Interview Podcast production with a view to publication in ESTAJornal online.
- Production of reports and interviews with a view to possible collaborations with local media.
- Analysis of reports and written interviews, as well as informative podcasts.
- Themes of Contemporary Journalism: discussion and analysis of concrete cases, including the implementation of the Media Literacy project.
- Organization of Group Thematic Debate - 10%
- Mandatory work: Developed Report - 25%
- Mandatory work: Interview Podcast - 25%
- Works developed in the classroom - 20%
- Mentoring in the Media Literacy project - 20%
Exam and Last exam:
- Developed Report - delivered in continuous evaluation and edited for the purposes of the Exam and / or Appeal, submitted on the platform up to one week before the Exam and presented at that time - 25%
- Interview Podcast - delivered in continuous and edited evaluation for the purposes of the Exam and / or Appeal, submitted on the platform up to one week before the Exam and presented on the Day of the Exam - 25%
- 50% written test (to be held on the day of the Exam)
TO BE ADMITED TO EXAM OR TO SPECIAL EXAM STUDENTS MUST HAVE PRESENTED, IN CONTINUOUS EVALUATION, ONE OF THE COMPLEMENTARY WORKS (THAT WILL BE EDITED FOR EXAM) AND MUST PRESENT THE OTHER WORK, ONE WEEK BEFORE EXAM. ALSO, ALL THE AUDIOS MUST BE SENT ONE WEEK BEFORE THE EXAM.
(2012). Livro de Estilo da Lusa. Lisboa: Lusa
(2004). Os Elementos do Jornalismo. Porto: Porto Editora
(2002). Olá Mariana - O poder da pergunta. Lisboa: Oficina do Livro
(2005). Livro de Estilo do Público. Lisboa: Público
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials where professional subjects are analysed. Practical classes where written contexts are produced. Environment equivalent to a newsroom. Journalistic work produced in the fiel.
Software used in class