Plastic Arts - Painting and Intermedia
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 7,0 OT
- With this U.C. students should be provided with knowledges about what defines art in public space;
- It aims to develop cognitive devices to understand critically the relationship of artistic production with the public space, which enable the productio
1.1. Analysis of artistic projects and methodologies used in them;
2.1. Ephemeral art in public space;
2.2. Art in public space community intervention;
3.1. The concepts of place and non-place, Marc Augé;
4.1. The concept of the public sphere Habermas;
4.2. The concept of "site specific";
5.1. The concepts of Monument and Anti-Monument, in Robert Smithson's work.
Practical work achievement - artistic projects for the public space and their presentation accompanied by public discussion of a theoretical written explanation.
- Eccles; Wehr; Kastner, . (2004). Plop, Recente Projects of the Public Art Fund.. New York: Merrell Publishers Limited
- Augé, M. (1998). Não-Lugares Introdução a uma antropologia da sobremodernidade. Venda Nova: Bertrand editora
- Serra, R. (1994). Richard Serra, Writings Interviews. Chicago, London: The University of Chicago Press
- Flam, J. (1996). Robert Smithson: The Collected Writings. California: The University of California Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes in which they develop lecture sessions of presentation and analysis of concepts based on case studies that inform and propose exercises that allow them to consolidate the artistic practice this learning.
Software used in class