Spatial Decision Support Systems
Master of Geographic Information Systems in Planning and Territory Management
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
The principal purpose is to provide the students whit techniques and models for solve decision problems based on Decision Theory, Linear Programming and Networks Flows, in the area of Operational Research. The students must acquire the skills, in order to apply to land management.
1. Decision Theory
2. Decision Problems in Linear Programming
3. Decision Problems in networks flows
4. Forecasting and Simulation
5. Spatial Decision Support Systems (SDSS)
Evaluation method: one written examination and written report
- Hillier, F. e Lieberman, G. (2001). Introduction to Operations Research, Mc Graw-Hill.. NY: Mc Graw-Hill.
- Valadares Tavares, L. e Antunes, C. (2000). Casos de Aplicação da Investigação Operacional.. Lisboa: Mc Graw-Hill.
- Bronson, R. e Naadimuthu, G. (2000). Investigação Operacional. Lisboa: Mc Graw-Hill.
- Tomás, P. e Cabral, P. e Painho, M. (2003). Sistemas de Apoio à Decisão em Ambiente.Finisterra, 0, pp. 109-119.
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures (expositive and demonstrative methods; case studies). Resolution of practical exercises. Teamwork involving manipulation of digital information using a GIS.
Software used in class
ArcGis, Definete 3.1, Excel (Solver)