Conservação e Reabilitação de Edifícios I
Mestrado em Reabilitação Urbana
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria de Lurdes Belgas da Costa
On completion of this unit students should be familiar with the pathologies and physical phenomena affecting building structures and be able to evaluate them. They should also be familiar with the materials and techniques used to maintain,regenerate and reinforce built structures.
General mechanisms of degradation of materials and construction elements. Methodologies for inspection and diagnosis of anomalies. Pathologies of materials: concrete and wood. Pathologies and regeneration of the building envelope. Anomalies in coatings and wall finishes. Materials and techniques for the buildings rehabilitation. Presentation of practical cases.
A written test (55%)and a practical project(45%). The project consists of a technical report based on regular on-site visits to regeneration works in course of execution or consists of a survey and study of the pathologies of a deteriorated building.
- Cóias, V. (2007). Reabilitação Estrutural de Edifícios Antigos ? Alvenaria, Madeira. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: GECoRPA
- Vasconcelos Paiva, J. e Pinho, A. (2006). Guia Técnico de Reabilitação Habitacional. (Vol. 2 Vol.). LNEC: Instituto Nacional da Habitação
- Cóias, V. (2006). Inspecções e Ensaios na Reabilitação de Edifícios. (Vol. I). Lisboa: IST PRESS
- Silva, V. (2004). Guia Prático para a Conservação de Imóveis. (Vol. I). Lisboa: Dom Quixote
Method of interaction
Provision of basic concepts. Presentation of projects and case studies that allow the student's critical intervention. Usage of laboratory equipment available for anomaly detection. Field trips and technical sessions.
Software used in class