Option: WebSIG Programming
3 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP
The students should understand the server-client architecture,acquire basic concepts of the implementation of interfaces and of a geospatial server and also the implementation and management of a WebSIG service.
1 Introduction to the concept of Free Software and web mapping
2. Introduction to client-server architecture
3. Concepts of interface and implementation
4. Development of a geo-spatial database (PostgreSQL / PostGIS)
5. PostGIS connection between a server and DesktopSIG solutions
6. Developing a Geoserver solution
7. Connection between a PostGIS service and a GeoServer server
Final assignment focused on the development of a WebSIG application.
- Cosme, A. (2012). Projeto em Sistemas de Informação Geográfic. Lisboa: Lidel
- Matos, J. (2008). Fundamentos de Informação Geográfica. Lisboa: Lidel
Method of interaction
Software used in class