6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 10,0 OT
- Marta Sicurella
- Analyze the consequences in image sharpness using different apertures and shutter speeds.
- Distinguish different types of negatives according to density
- Know how to apply the appropriate filter, and masks when necessary, to correct exposure or development errors
- Understand how the perspective and scale of the subjects being photographed change by changing the focal length and distance of the camera
- Observe the compression of planes with different focal length
- Understand the relationship between focal length and depth of field
- Observe alteration in photometry by changing focal lengths
Module 1: APERTURE AND SHUTTER SPEED
Analisis and application on image production of different apertures and shutter speed
Module 2: LENSES
Analisis and application of different focal lengths, implication of different points of view in image production
Module 3: BW PRINTING TECHNIQUES
Introduction to manipulation techniques in bw printing, correction of exposure and development errors
Module 4: PROJECT
Development of one personal projects, final presentation and discussion
Assessment is continuous.
Learning will be evaluated through discussion of practical works (60% of final grade).
At the end of each module a theoretical test (40% of final grade) will be proposed. Students who do not attend at least 2/3 of the classes, and those who do not get a minimum of 8/20 points in the theoretical part and in the practical part, will be excluded from the exam.
- Langford, M. (2009). Tratado de Fotografia. .: Omega
- Hedgecoe, J. (1991). Manual do Laboratório Fotográfico. Lisboa: Dinalivro
- Adams, A. (1995). The Camera. .: Ansel Adams
- Soudo, J. e Silveira Ramos, M. (2005). Manual de Técnicas Fotográficas. Lisboa: Cenjor
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes where practical cases are proposed, through the application of basic photographic and printing techniques.
Software used in class