Plastic Arts - Painting and Intermedia
10 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 90,0 PL + 15,0 OT
a) Consolidate and deepen the acquisition of knowledge on ways and artistic production of pictorial techniques;
b) Develop individual skills for research and theoretical and practical reflection within the Arts, through the use of paint.
- The practice of painting in the twentieth and twenty-first:
- The crisis of modern art;
- Abstract painting;
- The crisis of abstract painting in the 1960s;
- The point or degree zero of painting;
- Analytical painting;
The completion of all the exercises required by the teacher;
The presentation of research and preparatory studies for the development of parts in response to the exercises;
Attendance is an important factor in the evaluation.
- Julian, B. (1999). What is Painting?.. London: Thames & Hudson
- Harrison, C. (1997). Art in Theory 1900-1990, an Anthology of Changing Ideas.. Oxford UK & Cambridge USA: Blackwell
- Merleau-Ponty, M. (2000). O olho e o espírito. Lisboa: Vega
Method of interaction
Presentation techniques and works of artists of recognized merit;
Development of an artistic research process consolidated by practical exercises, monitored and discussed with the teacher.
Software used in class