Documentary Film Studies
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Marco Filipe de Almeida Santos Oliveira
a. Camera and lighting
b. Work processes
c. DP functions
d. The "photographic image"
e. Teamwork strategies
f. Skills in light mechanics
g. Your own "image look" speech
h. Stimulate research
1.1 Diagnostic evaluation for assessing student's knowledge acquired on
previous years, including 2nd year's Camera and Lighting Class
2.1 The relationship between the DP and the production teams and art department.
3.1 Film examples and methods used
4.1 Practical lessons in lighting INT and EXT. Day and Night.
5.1 DaVinci Resolve - Interface and Workflow.
6.1 DaVinci Resolve - Corrections/Etalonáge.
7.1 DaVinci Resolve - Grading.
1. Attendance (10%)
2. Class Projects (30%)
3. Project 2 (40%)
4. Grading (20%)
Regular Exam/Supplementary and Special evaluation:
1. Light/Composition assignment (30%)
2. Grading (20%)
3. Exam (50%)
- ALTON, J. (1996). Painting with light. Berkeley:: University of California Press
- MALKIEWICZ, K. (1986). Film Lighting. Nova Iorque: Prentice-Hall
- SCHAEFER, D. e SALVATO, L. (2013). Masters of Light. California: University of California Press
- STORARO, V. (2004). Storaro: Writing With Light Trilogy. California: Aperture
Method of interaction
a. Lectures in the classroom.
b. Practical lessons in the classroom.
c. Practical lessons in the field.
Software used in class