Documentary Film Studies
5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 3,0 OT
- Marco Filipe de Almeida Santos Oliveira
a. Camera and lighting
b. Work processes
c. DP functions
d. The "photographic image"
e. Teamwork strategies
f. Skills in light mechanics
g. Your own "image look" speech
h. Stimulate research
1.1 Diagnostic evaluation for assessing student's knowledge acquired on
previous years, including 2nd year's Camera and Lighting Class
2.1 The relationship between the DP and the production teams and art department.
3.1 Film examples and methods used
4.1 Practical lessons in lighting INT and EXT. Day and Night.
5.1 DaVinci Resolve - Interface and Workflow.
6.1 DaVinci Resolve - Corrections/Etalonáge.
7.1 DaVinci Resolve - Grading.
1. Attendance/participation (10%)
2. In-class Exercises (30%)
3. Lighting exercise 2 (40%)
4. Grading (20%)
Exam/Re-sit and Special assessment:
1. Light/Composition exercise(30%)
2. Grading (20%)
3. Exam (50%)
- STORARO, V. (2004). Storaro: Writing With Light Trilogy. California: Aperture
- SALVATO, L. e SCHAEFER, D. (2013). Masters of Light. California: University of California Press
- MALKIEWICZ, K. (1986). Film Lighting. Nova Iorque: Prentice-Hall
- ALTON, J. (1996). Painting with light. Berkeley:: University of California Press
Method of interaction
a. Traditional face-to-face lectures.
b. Face-to-face practical classes.
c. Practical field classes.
Software used in class