Metodologias para a Investigação em Gestão de Unidades de Saúde
Mestrado em Gestão de Recursos de Saúde
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 41,0 TP
- Célio Gonçalo Cardoso Marques
The main purpose of this unit is to provide contact with a variety of theoretical and methodological assumptions that underpin the development of investigative processes leading to the development of a research project.
a) The nature of scientific research;
b) Paradigms in research: positivist, interpretive and sociocrítico;
c) Research methodologies;
d) Methods/research plans;
e) The formulation of a problem, the research question and the respective hypothesis;
f) Review of the literature;
g) Information sources for research in healthcare management;
h) Data collection techniques: selection and triangulation;
i) Data collection tools: development and validation;
j) Collection, treatment and analysis of data;
k) Ethical Aspects to be considered in a scientific study;
l) Organization and formal writing of a scientific document.
The knowledge acquired will be evaluated through an individual research work.
- Bowling, A. (2009). Research Methods in Health. Investigating Health and Health Services. s.l.: McGraw-Hill, Open Univ Press
- Yin, R. (2008). Case Study Research. Design and Methods. London: Sage
- Barañano, A. (2004). Métodos e técnicas de investigação em Gestão. Manual de apoio à realização de trabalhos de investigação. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Coutinho, C. (2014). Metodologia de Investigação em Ciências Sociais e Humanas: Teoria e Prática. Coimbra: Almedina
Method of interaction
The used teaching and learning methodologies involve theoretical presentations, practical problem solving, demonstrations, discussions and tutorials.
Software used in class
Web 2.0 tools;