Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 1887/2016 - 05/02/2016
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 15,0 OT
- Marta Margarida Santos Dionísio
Students should be able to:
- apply a set of skills (linguistic and sociocultural) to be used in specific communicative situations within the area of Human Resources;
- use comprehension and text production skills in order to achieve language accuracy using grammar and structure rules accordingly;
- identify the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and reflect specifically about Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
English as a Global Language. Working environment: job descriptions; staff recruitment.
Curriculum Vitae and formal and informal letters.
Human Resources - technical vocabulary.
Job Interviews: the used language.
Employment contracts and procedures.
Management og Human Resources: safety and health at work; training courses; equal opportunities and diversity.
Discrimination within the work context - SDG - Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Salaries and benefits.
Grammar structures: verbal tenses; articles and pronouns; adjectives (comparative and superlative); prepositions.
Research assignment (written 10% and oral 10%) - 20%;
Continuous assessment, including exercises and class participation (written and oral) and attendance - 20%;
Written Test - 60%
Written Exam - 70%
Research Assignment (written 15% and oral 15%) - 30%
- Walker, C. e Swan, M. (2012). Oxford English Grammar Course - Intermediate. Oxford UK: Oxford University Press
- Murphy, R. (2012). English Grammar in Use With Answers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Pledger, P. (2007). English for Human Resources. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Wyatt, R. (2016). Check your English Vocabulary for Human Resources. London, UK: Bloomsbury
- Evans, V. e Dooley, J. (2016). On Screen - B2. United Kingdom: Express Publishing
- Redston, C. e Clementson, T. e Cinningham, G. (2013). Face2Face - Intermediate B1+. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Sandford, G. (2011). Cambridge English for Human Resources. Cambridge UK: Cambridge University Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students are asked to do exercises concerning the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing with implicit grammar with a particular emphasis on practical exercises.
Software used in class
E-learning - Moodle