Healthcare Project Management
Health Care Services Management, Publication in the Diário da República - RCC 21/12/2010 [DR. 4926/2011 21.03.2011]
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
At the end of the term the students should be able to identify the key variables in an investment project; develop an investment project taking the several financing sources into account
and discriminate between the different types of investment projects.
2. Financial Analysis of Investment Projects
3. Specific Calculation Methods
4. Financing Modes
5. The Cost of Capital
6. Investment selection and Capital Rationing
7. Risk Analysis
Assiduity and class performance (20%).
Group assignment (80%) with minimum mark of 10/20
- SHORTELL,, . e KALUZNY,, . (2000). Health Care Management, Organization, Design and Behavior. (Vol. 1). New York: Delmar
- LONGEST, B. (2003). Managing health services organization and systems. (Vol. 1). Baltimore: Health Professions Press
- Ginger, P. (2002). Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations. (Vol. 1). London: Blackwell Publishers
Method of interaction
Lectures focused on debates, document analysis and other pedagogical methods to foster critical skills.
Software used in class