Healthcare Project Management
Health Care Services Management
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP
At the end of the term the students should be able to identify the key variables in an investment project; develop an investment project taking the several financing sources into account
and discriminate between the different types of investment projects.
2. Financial Analysis of Investment Projects
3. Specific Calculation Methods
4. Financing Modes
5. The Cost of Capital
6. Investment selection and Capital Rationing
7. Risk Analysis
Assiduity and class performance (20%).
Group assignment (80%) with minimum mark of 10/20
- Ginger, P. (2002). Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations. (Vol. 1). London: Blackwell Publishers
- LONGEST, B. (2003). Managing health services organization and systems. (Vol. 1). Baltimore: Health Professions Press
- KALUZNY,, . e SHORTELL,, . (2000). Health Care Management, Organization, Design and Behavior. (Vol. 1). New York: Delmar
Method of interaction
Lectures focused on debates, document analysis and other pedagogical methods to foster critical skills.
Software used in class